Patio Furniture Salesperson
Since 1949, Flowerland has been Grand Rapids’ Destination Garden Center, with everything customers need to create beautiful spaces in their homes and gardens. Whether customers are searching for the newest plant material, solutions for garden pests, seasonal and everyday decor to accessorize their homes, or a beautiful patio set for their backyards – Flowerland has curated a beautiful product collection for customers to shop.
Our casual furniture collection carries a lasting impact with our customers as they build fun, lasting memories with family and friends, or create quiet moments as they relax away the stresses of daily life. By providing high quality furniture, sophisticated designs, and excellent customer service – we strive to exceed every customer’s expectations, everyday.
While Flowerland is a fun place to shop, it’s also a fun place to work! We are currently seeking an individual for our Casual Furniture Sales & Lead position at our Comstock Park location.
If you are a go-getter, have an eye for design or just love helping people – read on!
- Communicate with customers to uncover their casual furniture needs.
- Offer exceptional customer service by providing product information and guidance during the purchase process.
- Positively engage in all phases of a customer’s experience at Flowerland.
- Physically handle patio furniture inventory, including unloading, assembly and placement in the store.
- Maintain store displays and a clean work environment.
- Manage custom orders with accuracy, keeping customers up-to-date on their order status.
- Communicate with vendors for special orders or customer support.
- Embody the Flowerland brand through respectful communication, personal appearance, and professionalism.
- Maintain a positive and engaging attitude!
- Ability to work and learn independently.
- Ability to exhibit active listening and excellent communication skills to create lasting connections with customers.
- Must be able to multitask and shift easily between customer service, assembling furniture, warehouse maintenance, and placing orders.
- Ability to learn product name brands to offer meaningful suggestions to customers.
- Must be organized and detail orientated to maintain order accuracy.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive or learn to drive a forklift.
- Hourly position based on 36-40+ hours a week.
- A 6-day work week may arise during peak season.
- Weekends, some evenings and some holiday shifts are required.
Why work at Flowerland?
Flowerland is a fun, exciting place to work! Here are just a few of the benefits Flowerland has to offer our team!
- Competitive Wage and Bonuses
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance*
- Industry and Company Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- 401K Retirement Savings*
- 30% Employee Discount
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays*
- $15 – $17/hr introductory wage + Commissions
- 401(k) matching after 1 Year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance