Nothing can improve the atmosphere of our homes like a houseplant. The greenery can transform a room into a tropical paradise, and those gorgeous green leaves improve air quality by producing oxygen and filtering out harsh chemicals. Many studies show that plants improve concentration, mood, sleep, and creativity. One of the hottest trends right now for creating a beautiful space includes houseplants! Not only do they provide style and interest, but they purify the air and protect against chemicals and pollutants in your home. Also, indoor plants can reduce stress and boost your mood. Having a touch of greenery in a room evokes a feeling of peaceful tranquility by bringing the outdoors in. Plants inside the home also has been proven health benefits such as purifying the air we breathe and even helping to provide a better night’s sleep.
From popular varieties of Philodendron like Monstera to easy to grow varieties of Pothos. Fancy Fiddle Leaf Figs to Bird of Paradise and Ponytail Palms we have them! Succulents and Cactus to stunning Calathea we have a great selection of indoor plants and tropicals as well as a colorful stylish pot to put them in! “Cache pots” can not only be attractive, but make you a better waterer too! Remember plants help us breathe better as they inhale the carbon dioxide we breathe out and exhale fresh oxygen into the room. But many go beyond this simple exchange and actually filter invisible toxins from the air. They absorb airborne compounds that escape from household paints, carpets, varnish, cleaners, and furniture. What’s the result? Suddenly you’ll feel like you’re living in a natural environment and you’ll reap the benefits of being in one too. From better concentration to more refreshing sleep, a surrounding of plants can improve creativity and lower stress levels.
You don’t have to have a window with “direct sun” and we explain why here.
The “midrib” in the foliage can tell us a lot about whether the plant is getting sufficient light. Let us explain here.
Houseplants can be easy to grow. Here we “demystify” some common misconceptions.
Great Selection of Houseplants
Flowerland offers the biggest selection of indoor plants in West Michigan. And our indoor greenhouses provide a calm and beautiful place to shop for just the right plant. During the Winter months we all need some green!
Create your own beautiful indoor space with houseplants from Flowerland. You will find fun, beauty, and satisfaction in having plants in your home. For instance, choose from:
- Table plants: Starting at 2” pots to use in terrariums, including many varieties to stand alone or combine to create a beautiful dish garden.
- Floor plants: From a tall ficus tree to a showy schefflera, floor plants can create interest and energy in your home.
- Cacti & Succulents: The varieties seem endless. With easy care and little watering, as long as you have sunlight your desert plants can thrive.
- Gift plants: Orchids, violets, anthurium, and other blooming plants make great gifts, or treat yourself!
- Pottery, plant stands and plant hangers: Accessorize your plants with many choices of pots in all sizes and colors. Use plant stands and plant hangers to position your plants in just the right place.
- Soils & solutions: Plant care and our plant experts can keep your plants healthy and beautiful.