Flowerland is proud to support the many wonderful local charities, clubs, schools, churches and other organizations in the greater Grand Rapids area. So many are doing so much to “grow” our communities. Because we receive so many requests from so many deserving organizations and causes, Flowerland has established guidelines to focus our efforts and ensure fairness to all those requesting donations.
Our donations primarily support programming and events focusing on child and family well-being as well as horticultural efforts promoting gardening in our community. We are unable to support advertising requests for yearbooks, banners or event programs.
While we would like to respond favorably to all requests, the need is far greater than our resources and it is not possible to accommodate all requests.
Qualifications in order to be considered:
- Complete and submit our electronic Donation Request Form. Requests must be received 90 days prior to the date of the event/project so that our Donation Committee can give proper consideration to your request. Limit one request per organization per year, please.
- Organization must be tax-exempt under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or must be raising funds for a qualified 501(c) (3) organization.
Once your request has been received, it will be reviewed by our Donation Committee and we will notify you if your request will be accommodated. Due to the number of requests received, we are not able to reply with the status of each request and prefer not to accept telephone or in-person requests.
Please visit our DONATIONS REQUEST FORM.
- All donations are at the discretion of Flowerland.
- All benefiting organizations must be within a 50-mile radius of a Flowerland store.
Flowerland Fundraising Card Program
As another way to help gardeners grow the communities in which they live, we are pleased to offer the Flowerland Fundraising Card. The Flowerland Fundraising Card allows local clubs, schools, churches and other community organizations to earn 10% on each card sold, while offering convenience and value to their supporters.
Flowerland offers non-profit organizations the opportunity to purchase $25.00 gift cards at a 10% discount. That means for every $100.00 in gift cards your organization raises $10.00.
Flowerland gift cards are available in $25.00 values, and in any quantity. You sell the gift cards to your clients for the face value of the card, and we sell the cards to you for 10% off. Your profit is instant! Once an order is submitted to our fundraising staff, the cards will be available for your group to pick-up within 24 to 48 hours. There are no minimum requirements or maximum limits on orders.
Since your supporters are going to shop a Flowerland for their plant and garden needs already, pre-sell them gift cards and your organization earns a 10% profit.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Schools (all clubs, teams, and groups)
- Sports Boosters/Little Leagues/Teams
- Youth Groups
- Community Groups
- Gymnastic Clubs
- Marching Bands/Music Clubs
- Sports Clubs
- Boy Scouts
- Religious Organizations
- ANY non-profit group that needs to raise funds
Flowerland accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, checks, and cash.
All gift cards must be paid for at the time of pickup.
Ready to Begin? Download a gift card order form.
New Fundraising Customer? Apply today!
For more information about this program contact:
Flowerland Donation Committee