Over 60 Years Young & Still Growing!
1949 was a time of growth and progress, and Flowerland was “rooted” in this exciting time following a number of difficult years including the Great Depression and World War II.
Back in 1949…
- Harry Truman was our President
- A gallon of gas was around 20 cents
- A new car cost approximately $1,500
- The cost of a stamp was .03 cents
- Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “South Pacific” opened on Broadway
- The Soviet Union lifted their blockade of Berlin
- With 10 million sold in 1949, TVs were becoming a big deal across the US!
Congratulations to the many wonderful people who have worked at Flowerland over these many years and made us what we are today!
Here’s to many more years as West Michigan’s most complete year-round local hometown Garden Center!